ODIS (Organisation pour le Développement Inclusif et la Solidarité) was created to provide appropriate and sustainable solutions to the extreme poverty, exclusion and vulnerability of the most marginalised groups in Burkina Faso.
ODIS’s vision is a world of cooperation and solidarity, with no exclusion or poverty, for the full development of persons within their communities.
This vision incorporates the following aspirations:
- Efficacy of inclusive development
- Reduction and exclusion of social inequalities
- Reduction of extreme vulnerability and impoverishment of populations
The organisation’s mission is to:
- Improve the access of vulnerable and disadvantaged social classes to social, economic and financial services that respond to their need for social inclusion.
- Improve social mobilisation, awareness and empowerment for effective inclusive development.
- Develop the institutional, operational and partnership capacities of ODIS at national and international levels.
The organisation’s specific objectives are to:
- Promote the access of vulnerable persons and persons with disabilities to adapted mobility services, rehabilitation and social integration.
- Promote the economic development and financial inclusion of impoverished and marginalised persons.
- Promote education and professional inclusive training for vulnerable and marginalised social classes.
- Contribute to the improvement of the social and legal status of women and of the most impoverished and marginalised populations.
- Improve inclusive governance at national and local levels.
ODIS’s areas of action are:
- Mobility and rehabilitation
- Economic development and financial inclusion
- Inclusive education
- Gender and social inclusion
- Law and advocacy